Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New York Yankees After Week #1

First off this is a message to all Yankee Fans: get off the ledge and don’t jump just yet. You have a solid rotation even though the best pitcher the other night verse the Ray’s was Swisher but when the weather warms up and A-Rod makes his triumphant return all the Yankee fans will understand why your team is worth 200 million. An all star at almost every position, role players in good spots and excellent starting pitching.
The only worry I can foresee in the future for the Yankee’s is that middle relief. Getting to Rivera is going to the hard part, but with all that starting pitching the Yankee’s bullpen should be nice and rested.
Now to talk about A-Rod, for all you Yankee fans who like him please skip this paragraph. Alex Rodriguez IS THE BEST playing in baseball at this moment whether he used steroids or not. Almost everyone has used them why complain. He was better than everyone else when everyone was using them and now he’s still better than everyone else playing the sport. Now for his off the field stuff, he is the highest paid player in baseball and loves the attention, what else would you expect from a guy who grew up in Washington Heights in New York City during one of the worse drug epidemics in the history of the world. Hopefully this year he will focus more on playing, by keeping his love life (esp. the wife, Madonna, or any other strippers/call girls whom catch his eye)
Many Yankee fans can not wait for the new “museum” of baseball to open up for the real official time. I being a resident of the Bronx my curiosity is flying around. I was sad to see the old stadium go but for us New York baseball fan we needed some nice digs to play in. I am glad from what I can see they have kept many of the aesthetics the same and keeping the lore of Yankee Stadium alive.
My first time going to a professional baseball game was at the old Yankee Stadium went I was about 8 years old. Still to this day I can remember the sights, the colors, the smells (especially on the 4 train on the way to the Stadium), and the feel. When my father walked me threw the Stadium and gave me some of the history of the place I was in awe. Now hopefully I can do the same for my child and allow them to experience the thrill I received. There was just a feel of myth, legacy and history when you walk into such a historic place like the old Stadium. All this from a Met fan but being a Bronx resident there is no denying what the Yankees have meant to Bronx.
My advice to the Yankee fans is to relax, they haven’t even opened the stadium yet and there are a few bright spots on the team especially the performance of AJ Burnett. And don’t forget many teams are going to be having fire sales starting in about a month and a half and the Steinbrenner’s have large wallets. So hang in there and just think of the great memories your going to create in the first season in the New Stadium during the post-season.

No comments:

Post a Comment