Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wrestle Mania XXV

Now I have been a wrestling fan since I can remember, even dating back before I rooted for the Mets, Jets or even the immortal Michael Jordan, but I can not remember being so damn bored from a four hour pay per view event. First of all as a wrestling fan I do not want to see Kid Rock perform for 20 minutes of filler. This is not the Super Bowl of Wrestling, It’s Wrestle Mania. I felt as if I was watching an over hyped Monday Night Raw. All the events were so predictable.
Of course John Cena was going to beat those two morons and continue there really stupid story line with Vicky. (On a side note: if Eddie wasn’t so damn good and deserve the respect to have his family supported by the McMahan she should be thrown off of any show that WWE produces.) Now of course you had to give the belt back to Cena because he just filmed a movie for WWE movie studios but I could of being slightly more dramatic. And we all knew that Randy Orton’s destruction of the McMahan family had to stop somewhere. I have never seen anyone take out so many McMahan’s not even what some may say the greatest of all time The Rattle Snake “Stone Cold” Steve Austin had. (Hogan helped create this sport into what it is now so he will always be the Greatest of all Time, but Stone Cold comes close.)
Now the match I looked forward to for weeks and usually is the best match of the night. The Money in the Bank Match is for all the new or comeback athletes to show of there death defying feats and the will of competition. My first question is Mark Henry????? Now come on do you really think he would be able to climb the latter Hornswaggle brought in never mind the twenty foot ladders in the ring? Christian was in that match and had a great chance at taking that match down and they would be able to continue the rivalry with him an Edge. Cm Punk winning it for the second time in two years just does not do it for me. Now I understand his angle is very good to promote to children who do watch the WWE but he’s not all that entertaining. He’s a middle of the row wrestler with a good story-line but he needs a rival to compete with to step his game up.
Now my disappointing moment of the evening was when the Hardy Boys went at it and it was boring and uneventful. The one crazy move Jeff tried cost him the match and wasn’t even original, he has used that move in the past.
Now on a more pleasant note, Taker and the Heartbreak Kid had a match for the ages. While watching HBK kick up from a tombstone pile driver and the Dead Man kick up from multiple sweet chin music it broke many, many wrestling rules. These two Hall of Fame bound Superstars deserved to be the shining star of an event which might be one of there lasts. More than once during the match I thought the referee was asking them to stop the match because both of them landed on their heads and I thought were not going to be able to continue the match. But that is why these two Superstars are the cream of the crop and I was entertained with every moment of this match, even though a few times I thought it should have ended.
Overall I felt there was too much fluff and not enough action. I have been watching TNA wrestling recently and they are taking it up and pushing the envelope and if WWE doesn’t start stepping up to the plate they are going to lose more wrestlers as well as more fans will start tuning into their programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment